Sunday, November 3, 2013

Introduction and the night before the pre op liquid diet

I had already typed about the wellness group yesterday so I just posted it instead of adding more.

I need to introduce myself. I'm April...34, wife of 13 years, mother of a 5 and 2 year old, college student, and full time employee.  Whew. I'm tired. I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. I remember dieting in school. I was around a size 12 the summer before my Senior year. I loved my Senior pics.  But I didn't stay a 12.

So here I am after millions :) of attempts at dieting. You know the drill. I've tried it all and more than once or twice.  I've always been interested in weight loss surgery but I've always been more discouraged by peers/family and afraid of it than anything else.  This time my husband convinced me to at least go to a consultation.  It also helped that a classmate/Facebook friend had the sleeve done so I could talk to her about her experience.  Amanda had her surgery in July and was down 67 lbs the last time we emailed. Wow!!  My friend also knew someone so she hooked us up.  Kelly is about 15 months out and has lost around 130. I don't know the exact number. She's been a great help and I just love her so far.

And here I am...having surgery on November 6th!!

I start my pre op liquid diet tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. I've had a few crazy feelings today. I ate some leftovers from the fridge. For lunch I had one of my faves, pho. Yum!  I had a salted caramel mocha from Starbucks. My crazy feelings were being worried about what foods I should say "goodbye" to. Crazy but true. I know I'll be able to eat some things again but never the same.  And never the same portion, of course.

I'm excited. Nervous. Hopeful. I look forward to sharing it.

I'll go before you don't finish my ramblings.  Good night!

P.S My grammar sucks. Excuse it and love me anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same feelings before my pre-op diet...I think it's totally normal. I'm glad you're keeping a blog and I can't wait to see your successes! !

    ReplyDelete